SELF-FUNDED HEALTH CARE PLANS
41-4007. Trust fund — authority. The trust fund of a self-funded plan shall have the authority:
(1) To have and use an appropriate descriptive name;
(2) To sue and be sued in its own name;
(3) To contract in its own name. All such contracts shall be in writing and shall be signed by the trustee of the fund, and if there is more than one (1) trustee, the contract may be so executed by one (1) trustee if so authorized by all trustees;
(4) To borrow money and give security therefor; and
(5) To engage exclusively in transactions authorized or required by this chapter, or reasonably incidental thereto.
[41-4007, added 1974, ch. 248, sec. 7, p. 1624; am. 2006, ch. 414, sec. 7, p. 1262; am. 2013, ch. 181, sec. 7, p. 425.]