MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVER’S LICENSES
49-328. Reinstatement of revoked, disqualified or suspended driver’s license — Fee — When reinstatement prohibited. (1) When the period of revocation, disqualification or suspension of a driver’s license has expired, or the reason for the revocation, disqualification or suspension no longer exists, the department shall reinstate the driver’s license or driving privileges on application of the driver.
(2) The application shall be in the form prescribed by the department and accompanied by a reinstatement fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) which shall be deposited in the state highway account.
(3) A driver’s license shall not be suspended for failure to pay an infraction penalty. All driver’s licenses suspended prior to July 1, 2018, for failure to pay an infraction penalty shall be reinstated upon application and without charge to the applicant.
(4) In addition to any other fees required in this section to be collected, the department shall collect sixty dollars ($60.00) for reinstating a driver’s license after conviction for driving under the influence, without privileges, and after conviction or other violation of any other traffic-related misdemeanor or infraction, of which fees forty dollars ($40.00) shall be paid over to the county treasurer of the county in which the conviction occurred for support of that county’s justice fund, or the current expense fund if no county justice fund has been established, and the twenty dollars ($20.00) shall be deposited in the state highway account.
(5) In addition to any other fees required in this section to be collected, the department shall collect two hundred dollars ($200) for reinstating a driver’s license after a suspension imposed under the provisions of section 18-8002 or section 18-8002A, Idaho Code, or after a revocation, disqualification or suspension arising out of any alcohol or drug-related offense, other than a suspension imposed upon a person under eighteen (18) years of age pursuant to section 18-1502(d), Idaho Code. Funds collected pursuant to this subsection shall be deposited in the state highway account.
(6) When there is more than one (1) reason why a driver’s license was revoked or suspended or why a driver was disqualified, the department shall not collect multiple fees for reinstatement, but shall only collect one (1) reinstatement fee, which shall be the greater reinstatement fee, provided however, the department shall collect a reinstatement fee for each revocation, disqualification or suspension under chapter 80, title 18, Idaho Code.
[49-328, added 1988, ch. 265, sec. 62, p. 604; am. 1989, ch. 88, sec. 40, p. 185; am. 1990, ch. 45, sec. 27, p. 101; am. 1990, ch. 216, sec. 3, p. 582; am. 1990, ch. 432, sec. 2, p. 1198; am. 1992, ch. 115, sec. 20, p. 370; am. 1993, ch. 413, sec. 3, p. 1523; am. 1994, ch. 357, sec. 3, p. 1125; am. 1997, ch. 227, sec. 2, p. 665; am. 1997, ch. 238, sec. 5, p. 699; am. 1999, ch. 81, sec. 14, p. 257; am. 2008, ch. 18, sec. 4, p. 27; am. 2009, ch. 331, sec. 4, p. 955; am. 2018, ch. 298, sec. 3, p. 707.]