MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION
49-415G. idaho north america plate — Special permanent or business logo. (1) Any person or business who is the owner of a trailer or semitrailer registered under the provisions of subsection (4)(a) of section 49-434, Idaho Code, may apply for and, upon department approval, may receive a special permanent or business logo license plate of the owner’s company.
(2) In addition to the registration fee required in section 49-434(4)(a), Idaho Code, an applicant for a business logo plate shall pay the estimated initial programming costs, which fees shall be deposited in the state highway account. The business logo plate shall be of a color and design in accordance with the provisions of section 49-402C, Idaho Code, and acceptable to the owner or business and shall be approved by the department and utilize a numbering system as determined by the department.
(3) Whenever title or interest in a trailer or semitrailer registered under the provisions of this section is transferred or reassigned, the plates issued pursuant to subsection (4)(a) of section 49-434, Idaho Code, are nontransferable and the registration fee is nonrefundable.
(4) The north America permanent trailer plate program shall be subject to the provisions of section 49-402C, Idaho Code.
(5) Any specific business logo plate program created under this section shall be discontinued if no plates are issued under the program for two (2) consecutive years after the year of implementation.
(6) Sample special permanent or business logo license plates may be purchased for a fee of thirty dollars ($30.00), which shall be placed in the state highway account.
[49-415G, added 2009, ch. 330, sec. 1, p. 942.]