PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
MORTICIANS, FUNERAL DIRECTORS AND EMBALMERS
54-1106. Powers and duties of board. The state board of morticians shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To prepare, conduct, and grade examinations of applicants for licenses.
(2) To certify the results of examinations of applicants and certify the applicant as having "passed" or "failed."
(3) To conduct hearings and proceedings in connection with the suspension or revocation of licenses.
(4) To make findings and recommendations to the governor on any and all matters relating to the enforcement of the provisions of this chapter.
(5) To perform all other duties and exercise all other powers granted under this chapter, or the laws of the state of Idaho.
(6) To authorize, by written agreement, the division of occupational and professional licenses as agent to act in its interest.
(7) To provide for the licensure and regular inspection of funeral establishments and crematories.
[54-1106, added 1970, ch. 70, sec. 6, p. 167; am. 1974, ch. 13, sec. 93, p. 138; am. 1996, ch. 174, sec. 7, p. 560; am. 2003, ch. 257, sec. 4, p. 669; am. 2022, ch. 94, sec. 17, p. 295.]