PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
54-1518. Bureau of occupational licenses — Powers and duties. The bureau of occupational licenses shall have the following powers and duties:
1. To accept applications for examinations and issue licenses to optometrists pursuant to requirements of this chapter.
2. To maintain a registry of persons licensed to practice optometry in the state of Idaho available to the members of the general public and all applicants and rejected applicants for licenses.
3. To forward complaints against a licensed optometrist to the state board of optometry for review and investigation.
4. To assist in the investigation and prosecution of complaints filed against an optometrist under section 54-1510, Idaho Code.
5. At the discretion of the chief of the bureau and upon apparent failure or refusal of the state board of optometry to investigate or prosecute a complaint against an optometrist, to investigate the complaint and forward the report of investigation to the state board of optometry, and upon apparent failure or refusal of the state board of optometry to take further action to initiate proceedings under section 54-1510, Idaho Code, against an optometrist violating the terms of this act.
[54-1518, added 1972, ch. 91, sec. 2, p. 179; am. 1974, ch. 13, sec. 132, p. 138; am. 1993, ch. 216, sec. 67, p. 649.]