PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
PUBLIC WORKS CONTRACTORS
54-1903. Exemptions. This chapter shall not apply to:
(1) An authorized representative of the United States government, the state of Idaho, or any incorporated town, city, county, irrigation district, reclamation district or other municipal or political corporation or subdivision of this state.
(2) Officers of a court when they are acting within the scope of their office.
(3) Public utilities operating under the jurisdiction of the public utilities commission of the state of Idaho on construction, maintenance and development work incidental to their own business.
(4) The sale or installation of any finished products, materials or articles of merchandise, which are not actually fabricated into and do not become a permanent fixed part of the structure.
(5) Any construction, alteration, improvement or repair of personal property.
(6) Any construction, alteration, improvement or repair carried on within the limits and boundaries of any site or reservation, the title of which rests in the federal government.
(7) Any construction or operation incidental to the construction and repair of irrigation and drainage ditches of regularly constituted irrigation districts, drainage districts or reclamation districts, except when performed by a person required to be licensed under this chapter.
(8) Duly licensed architects, licensed engineers, and land surveyors when acting solely in their professional capacity.
(9) Any construction, alteration, improvement or repair involving any single project involving any number of trades or crafts with an estimated cost of less than fifty thousand dollars ($50,000).
(10) Any construction, operation, alteration or maintenance of a solid waste disposal site including those operated by, for, or at the direction of a city or a county.
(11) Any construction, operation or repair carried on in response to an emergency that has been officially declared by the governor pursuant to the provisions of chapter 10, title 46, Idaho Code, or an emergency that has been declared by a governing body (city or county) in anticipation of a governor’s declaration, for a period of time not to exceed seven (7) calendar days.
[54-1903, added 1941, ch. 115, sec. 3, p. 212; am. 1961, ch. 216, sec. 1, p. 345; am. 1979, ch. 109, sec. 4, p. 347; am. 1980, ch. 116, sec. 1, p. 254; am. 1987, ch. 71, sec. 1, p. 140; am. 1997, ch. 170, sec. 1, p. 484; am. 1999, ch. 201, sec. 3, p. 532; am. 2000, ch. 376, sec. 1, p. 1236; am. 2005, ch. 213, sec. 25, p. 659; am. 2017, ch. 197, sec. 2, p. 482.]