PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
54-307. BOARD — ORGANIZATION AND MEETINGS. (1) There is hereby created in the division of occupational and professional licenses a board of architectural examiners.
(2) The board shall consist of six (6) members, five (5) of whom shall be architects and shall have been residents of and lawfully practicing architects within the state of Idaho for a period of at least five (5) years directly preceding appointment, and one (1) of whom shall be a member of the public with an interest in the rights of the consumers of architectural services. At all times, the board shall have at least one (1) member who is engaged primarily in professional architectural education.
(3) The regular term of office of a member shall begin as of the first Monday immediately following the date of his appointment and shall continue for five (5) years thereafter and until his successor shall have been appointed and accepted his appointment. A member appointed to fill a vacancy occasioned otherwise than by expiration of a term shall serve the unexpired term of his predecessor. No members shall be appointed for a period exceeding two (2) consecutive terms. Any member who has served two (2) consecutive terms may be reappointed after a lapse of five (5) years from the termination date of his last term.
(4) Board members shall be appointed by the governor and shall serve at the pleasure of the governor.
(5) In the event of death, resignation, incapacity, disqualification or removal, a vacancy in membership shall be declared by the board and filled for the unexpired portion of the term in the same manner as the original appointment.
(6) The board shall, at least annually, hold a meeting and elect a chairman. The board may hold additional meetings at the call of the chairman or at the request of any two (2) members of the board.
(7) A majority of the members of the board shall constitute a quorum.
(8) Members of the board shall receive an honorarium and be reimbursed for expenses as provided in section 59-509(p), Idaho Code.
[54-307, added 2018, ch. 129, sec. 2, p. 273; am. 2021, ch. 222, sec. 4, p. 624.]