PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT REGISTRATION AND LICENSING ACT
54-3002. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Landscape architect" means a person who holds a license to practice landscape architecture in the state of Idaho under the authority of this chapter.
(2) "Landscape architecture" means the performance of professional services such as consultations, investigation, reconnaissance, research, planning, design or responsible supervision in connection with the development of land and incidental water areas where, and to the extent that the dominant purpose of such services is the preservation, enhancement or determination of proper land uses, natural land features, ground cover and planting, naturalistic and aesthetic values, approaches to buildings, structures, facilities or other improvements, natural drainage and the consideration and determination of inherent problems of the land relating to erosion, wear and tear, light or other hazards, but shall not include the application of geological principles. This practice shall include the location, design and arrangement of such tangible objects as pools, walls, steps, trellises, canopies, and features as are incidental and necessary to the purposes outlined herein, but shall not include the design of structures or facilities with separate and self-contained purposes for habitation or industry, such as are ordinarily included in the practice of engineering or architecture; and shall not include the making of cadastral surveys or final land plats for official recording or approval. It involves the design and arrangement of land forms and the development of outdoor space including, but not limited to, the design of public parks, playgrounds, cemeteries, home and school grounds, and the development of industrial and recreational sites.
(3) "Board" means the Idaho state board of landscape architects.
(4) "Department" means the department of self-governing agencies of the state of Idaho.
(5) "Landscape architect-in-training" means a person who has met the qualifications of section 54-3003(2)(a) and (b), Idaho Code, and is working under the supervision of a licensed landscape architect. A landscape architect-in-training shall use the title "landscape architect-in-training" in accordance with board rule.
(6) "Public" means any person, firm, corporation, partnership, company, government agency, institution or any other entity recognized by law.
(7) "Rules of professional responsibility" means those rules, if any, promulgated by the board.
[54-3002, added 1972, ch. 390, sec. 2, p. 771; am. 1974, ch. 13, sec. 189, p. 138; am. 2003, ch. 225, sec. 1, p. 578; am. 2014, ch. 155, sec. 1, p. 437.]