PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
CERTIFIED SHORTHAND REPORTERS ACT
54-3102. Definitions. Unless otherwise expressly stated, when used in this chapter the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Shorthand reporting" means the making of written symbols or abbreviations in shorthand or machine shorthand writing of a verbatim record of any oral court proceedings, deposition, or proceedings before any grand jury, referee, or court commissioner, contemporaneous with the event.
(2) "Certified shorthand reporter" or its abbreviation "C.S.R." means any person holding a valid regular or temporary certificate as a shorthand reporter as provided in this chapter.
(3) "Board" means the state certified shorthand reporters board.
(4) "Official court reporter" means the official court reporter of a federal district court in the state or the district court reporter of any state district court, but does not include any reporter of the magistrates division of any state district court.
(5) "Freelance reporter" means any shorthand reporter engaged in the practice of shorthand reporting as defined in this chapter who is not an official court reporter.
(6) "Available" means physically present at the time and place indicated or that the person could be physically present at the time and place indicated if a specific request was made.
[54-3102, added 1974, ch. 110, sec. 3, p. 1255; am. 2005, ch. 84, sec. 1, p. 299; am. 2008, ch. 68, sec. 2, p. 176.]