PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
CERTIFIED SHORTHAND REPORTERS ACT
54-3107. Powers and duties. The state certified shorthand reporters board shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To determine the qualifications of persons applying for certificates and the renewal of a certificate under this chapter.
(2) To prescribe, administer, and approve examination of applicants applying for certificates under this chapter, including examinations that are administered electronically or online.
(3) To collect the fees and charges prescribed by this chapter.
(4) To execute and issue temporary permits and certified shorthand reporter certificates under the conditions prescribed in this chapter.
(5) To refuse to issue, refuse to renew, revoke or suspend or otherwise discipline any certificate or permit upon the grounds and in the manner prescribed by this chapter.
(6) To make rules to carry out the intent and purposes of this chapter.
(7) The board may, by written agreement, authorize the division of occupational and professional licenses as its agent to act in its interest.
[54-3107, added 1974, ch. 110, sec. 8, p. 1255; am. 2008, ch. 68, sec. 7, p. 178; am. 2019, ch. 47, sec. 1, p. 128; am. 2022, ch. 94, sec. 43, p. 311.]