PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
54-4002. definitions. As used in this chapter, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) "Advertise" means, but is not limited to, the issuing or causing to be distributed of any card, sign, direct mail piece or other device or causing or permitting any sign or marking on or in any building or structure, or in any newspaper, magazine or directory, or announcement on radio or announcement or display on television, computer network or electronic or telephonic medium.
(2) "Board" means the Idaho state board of massage therapy created pursuant to section 54-4006, Idaho Code.
(3) "Compensation" means the payment, loan, advance, donation, contribution, deposit or gift of money or anything of value, except "compensation" shall not include a student tuition credit program where such program has been established by a massage therapy establishment.
(4) "Massage school" means a massage therapy educational program that is registered by the state board of education in accordance with chapter 24, title 33, Idaho Code, or comparable authority in another state.
(5) "Massage therapist" means a person who is licensed under this chapter and who engages in the practice of massage therapy.
(6) "Massage therapy" means the care and services provided by a massage therapist.
(7) "Practice of massage therapy" means the application of a system of structured touch, pressure, movement and holding of the soft tissues of the human body. The application may include:
(a) Pressure, friction, stroking, rocking, kneading, percussion, or passive or active stretching within the normal anatomical range of movement;
(b) Complementary methods, including the external application of water, heat, cold, lubricants and other topical preparations; or
(c) The use of mechanical devices that mimic or enhance actions that may be done by the hands.
[54-4002, added 2012, ch. 261, sec. 1, p. 723; am. 2016, ch. 174, sec. 1, p. 477.]