PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
54-4006. board of massage therapy. (1) There is hereby established in the division of occupational and professional licenses the board of massage therapy. The members thereof shall be appointed by the governor and serve at the pleasure of the governor.
(2) The board shall consist of five (5) members, four (4) of whom shall be licensed pursuant to this chapter and one (1) of whom shall be a member of the public with an interest in the rights of the consumers of massage therapy services. At no time shall more than one (1) board member be an owner of, an instructor of, or otherwise affiliated with a board-approved course of instruction or any other massage therapy school or course of instruction.
(3) Professional massage therapy associations and/or any resident of the state of Idaho may provide nominations to the governor.
(4) All members of the board shall be residents of the state of Idaho for the duration of their appointment and shall have been residents of the state of Idaho for a minimum of three (3) years immediately preceding appointment.
(5) The initial four (4) massage therapist members of the board shall be persons with at least three (3) years of experience in the practice of massage therapy who become licensed pursuant to this chapter.
(6) The initial board shall be appointed for staggered terms, the longest of which shall not exceed three (3) years. After the initial appointments, all terms shall be for three (3) years, and a member may be reappointed for a second term. No member shall serve more than two (2) terms. In the event of death, resignation or removal of any member before the expiration of the term to which appointed, the vacancy shall be filled for the unexpired portion of the term in the same manner as the original appointment.
(7) The board, within thirty (30) days after its initial appointment and at least annually thereafter, shall hold a meeting and elect a chairman. The board may hold additional meetings on the call of the chairman or at the written request of any three (3) members of the board. The board may appoint such committees as it considers necessary to carry out its duties. A majority of the members of the board shall constitute a quorum.
(8) Each member of the board shall be compensated as provided in section 59-509(p), Idaho Code.
[54-4006, added 2012, ch. 261, sec. 1, p. 725; am. 2017, ch. 51, sec. 1, p. 80; am. 2021, ch. 222, sec. 32, p. 645.]