PROFESSIONS, VOCATIONS, AND BUSINESSES
54-5606. BOARD — ORGANIZATION AND MEETINGS. (1) There is hereby established in the division of occupational and professional licenses the genetic counselors licensing board.
(2) The board shall consist of four (4) members, two (2) of whom shall be fully licensed genetic counselors, one (1) of whom shall be a licensed physician and one (1) of whom shall be a member of the public with an interest in the rights of consumers of genetic counseling services. All board members shall be residents of this state.
(3) Initial appointments to the board shall be for the following terms: one (1) genetic counselor member shall serve a term of one (1) year; one (1) genetic counselor member shall serve a term of two (2) years; and the physician member shall serve a term of three (3) years. Thereafter, the term of office for each member of the board shall be three (3) years.
(4) Board members shall be appointed by the governor and shall serve at the pleasure of the governor.
(5) Each genetic counselor member of the board shall:
(a) Except for the initial appointments, be currently licensed and in good standing to engage in the practice of genetic counseling in this state. The initial genetic counselor members of the board must meet the qualifications for licensure under this act;
(b) At the time of appointment have been actively engaged in the practice of genetic counseling for at least one (1) year of the last five (5) years; and
(c) Be certified by the ABGC, ABMG or NSGC.
(6) In the event of the death, resignation or removal of any board member before the expiration of the term to which the member is appointed, the vacancy shall be filled for the unexpired portion of the term in the same manner as the original appointment.
(7) The board shall meet annually and at such times as deemed necessary and advisable by the chairman, or by a majority of its members, or by the governor. Notice of all meetings shall be given in the manner prescribed by rule. A majority of the board shall constitute a quorum at any meeting or hearing.
(8) Members of the board shall be reimbursed for expenses as provided in section 59-509(b), Idaho Code.
[54-5606, added 2015, ch. 128, sec. 1, p. 324; am. 2016, ch. 340, sec. 46, p. 965; am. 2021, ch. 222, sec. 41, p. 653.]