PUBLIC ASSISTANCE AND WELFARE
IDAHO HOSPITAL ASSESSMENT ACT
56-1402. Definitions. As used in this chapter:
(1) "Department" means the department of health and welfare.
(2) "Disproportionate share hospital" means a hospital that serves a disproportionate share of medicaid low-income patients as compared to other hospitals as determined by department rule.
(3) "Governmental entity" means and includes the state and its political subdivisions.
(4) "Hospital" is as defined in section 39-1301(a), Idaho Code.
(5) "Political subdivision" means a county, city, municipal corporation or hospital taxing district and, as used in this chapter, shall include state licensed hospitals established by counties pursuant to chapter 36, title 31, Idaho Code, or jointly by cities and counties pursuant to chapter 37, title 31, Idaho Code.
(6) "Private hospital" means a hospital that is not owned by a governmental entity.
(7) "Upper payment limit" means a limitation established by federal regulations, 42 CFR 447.272 and 42 CFR 447.321, that disallows federal matching funds when state medicaid agencies pay certain classes of hospitals an aggregate amount for inpatient and outpatient hospital services that would exceed the amount that would be paid for the same services furnished by that class of hospitals under medicare payment principles.
[56-1402, added 2010, ch. 186, sec. 7, p. 396.]