PUBLIC ASSISTANCE AND WELFARE
PUBLIC ASSISTANCE LAW
56-234A. definitions. As used in sections 56-234 through 56-235E, Idaho Code:
(1) "Admission-discharge committee" means an interdisciplinary team of at least three (3) individuals designated by the director to evaluate persons as required by the provisions of sections 56-234 through 56-235E, Idaho Code. Each committee member must be specially qualified by training and experience in the diagnosis and treatment of persons with a developmental disability.
(2) "Certified family home" means a family home as defined in section 39-3502, Idaho Code.
(3) "Community facility" means a privately owned or operated nursing facility, intermediate care facility for persons with intellectual disabilities, licensed residential or assisted living facility, other organization licensed, recognized, or certified by the department to provide care or treatment to persons with developmental disabilities, or a publicly owned or operated facility licensed for eight (8) beds or less as an intermediate care facility for persons with intellectual disabilities.
(4) "Department" means the Idaho department of health and welfare.
(5) "Developmental disabilities" means a chronic disability of a person as defined in section 66-402, Idaho Code.
(6) "Director" means the director of the Idaho department of health and welfare or his designee.
(7) "Discharge" means an admission-discharge committee has determined that there is an available community facility or private residence that is least restrictive, appropriate and consistent with the needs of the individual.
(8) "Medically fragile" means an individual with a developmental disability and a chronic medical condition that is characterized by periods of acute exacerbation or potentially life-threatening episodes and that may require frequent hospitalizations or prolonged recuperation periods and ongoing monitoring and assistance by a licensed registered nurse.
(9) "Private residence" means a certified family home or a single family dwelling or apartment in a multiple dwelling or apartment complex that is used by an individual as a place of abode and that is not used for commercial purposes.
(10) "Resident" means an individual who is admitted to or resides at the southwest Idaho treatment center.
(11) "Transfer" means relocating and moving a person who is a resident of the southwest Idaho treatment center from that institution to a community facility or private residence or from one (1) community facility or private residence to another. Transfer does not include relocating or moving a resident of the southwest Idaho treatment center between rooms or beds within the southwest Idaho treatment center.
[56-234A, added 2011, ch. 101, sec. 2, p. 257; am. 2012, ch. 107, sec. 8, p. 293.]