REVENUE AND TAXATION
DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE AND TAXATION
63-101. Department of revenue and taxation — State tax commission — Board of tax appeals. (1) There is hereby created the department of revenue and taxation, which shall consist of a state tax commission and a board of tax appeals. The department of revenue and taxation shall, for the purposes of section 20, article IV, of the constitution of the state of Idaho, be an executive department of state government.
(2) The state tax commission shall be the constitutional tax commission prescribed in section 12, article VII, of the constitution of the state of Idaho.
(4) The state tax commission may organize itself, or may organize such administrative units under the direction and control of the state tax commission, as deemed necessary for proper and efficient operation in order to exercise the constitutional and statutory authority and functions assigned to the state tax commission by the provisions of this title, or by other laws.
(5) The state tax commission shall consist of four (4) members, not more than two (2) of whom shall belong to the same political party. The members of the state tax commission shall be appointed by the governor, by and with the consent of the senate; and shall be subject to removal by impeachment as provided in chapter 40, title 19, Idaho Code.
(6) Appointments, except appointments to fill vacancies, shall be for a term of six (6) years. Appointments to fill a vacancy shall be made by the governor, and the name of the appointee shall be submitted to the senate for confirmation at the next regular or extraordinary session, and upon confirmation of the appointment, the appointee shall hold office for the unexpired term.
(7) Each member of the state tax commission shall take, subscribe and file with the secretary of state an oath of office in the form, time and manner prescribed in chapter 4, title 59, Idaho Code. Each state tax commissioner shall be bonded to the state of Idaho in the form, time and manner prescribed in chapter 8, title 59, Idaho Code.
(8) The state tax commission shall have an office in Ada county and may establish temporary offices at any place within the state whenever necessary for the discharge of the state tax commission’s duties.
(9) The state tax commission shall have an official seal, of which an impression and description shall be filed with the secretary of state. Judicial notice shall be taken of the seal of the state tax commission. Copies of papers, records, proceedings and documents in the possession of the state tax commission may be authenticated by affixation of the seal of the commission and the attestation of the chairman of the commission, and when so sealed and attested shall be received in evidence in all courts with the same effect as the originals.
[63-101 added 1996, ch. 98, sec. 2, p. 309; am. 2001, ch. 183, sec. 28, p. 637.]