STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
67-4238. Authority of director to enter into agreements. (1) In order to further the interpretive and educational functions of recreation facilities in the state of Idaho, the director of the Idaho department of parks and recreation may on behalf of the department, enter into agreements with private nonprofit scientific, historic or educational organizations organized in whole or in part for the purpose of providing interpretive services to recreation facilities in Idaho.
(2) An organization entering into an agreement with the director under subsection (1) of this section may:
(a) Provide educational or interpretive material for sale at a recreation facility;
(b) Acquire display materials and equipment for exhibits at a recreation facility;
(c) Provide support for special recreation facility interpretive programs or environmental education programs;
(d) Support recreation facility libraries;
(e) Provide support for other interpretive projects related to a specific recreation facility.
(3) If the director enters into an agreement with a private organization under subsection (1) of this section, the Idaho department of parks and recreation may:
(a) Provide incidental personnel services to the organization’s interpretive program; and
(b) Provide space at a recreation facility for the interpretive materials provided by the organization.
(4) Any money received from the sale of publications or other materials provided by an organization pursuant to an agreement entered into under this section shall be retained by the organization for use in the interpretive or educational services of the recreation facility for which the organization provides interpretive services.
(5) As used in this section, "recreation facility" includes, but is not limited to, state parks and all recreational, historical and scenic attractions owned or under the control of the state of Idaho and administered by the Idaho department of parks and recreation.
(6) The Idaho department of parks and recreation board shall adopt rules and regulations necessary to carry out the purpose of this section. The rules shall include but need not be limited to:
(a) Procedures and forms to be used by an organization desiring to enter into an agreement with the director under this section.
(b) Guidelines for approving the interpretive material an organization proposes to provide to a recreation facility; and
(c) Provisions for renewing or dissolving an agreement between an organization and the director.
[67-4238, added 1987, ch. 160, sec. 1, p. 315.]