STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
COMMISSION ON AGING
67-5008. Programs for older persons. The commission shall upon reviewing recommendations from local area councils on aging, as required by the Older Americans Act of 1965, as amended, allocate to local designated area agencies grants or contracts for the following purposes:
(1) Transportation — For operating expenses only.
(2) Congregate meals — For direct costs to provide nutritionally balanced meals to older persons at congregate meal sites.
(3) In-home services — For direct provision of case management, homemaker, chore, telephone reassurance, home delivered meals, friendly visiting, shopping assistance, in-home respite and other in-home services to older persons living in noninstitutional circumstances. Fees for specific services shall be based upon a variable schedule, according to rules established by the Idaho commission on aging, based upon ability to pay for such services.
(4) Adult day care — For direct services to older persons and their caregivers.
(5) Ombudsman — For provision of ombudsman services as described in section 67-5009, Idaho Code.
[67-5008, added 1976, ch. 305, sec. 4, p. 1047; am. 1982, ch. 67, sec. 6, p. 133; am. 1989, ch. 117, sec. 3, p. 263; am. 1995, ch. 189, sec. 4, p. 679; am. 1999, ch. 13, sec. 3, p. 20; am. 2000, ch. 34, sec. 1, p. 62; am. 2006, ch. 201, sec. 1, p. 617.]