STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS
67-5906. Powers and duties of commission. The Idaho commission on human rights shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To investigate complaints of alleged violation of this act and act upon its findings pursuant to the provisions contained in this chapter;
(2) To make bylaws for its own government and procedure not inconsistent with the laws of this state;
(3) To maintain an office in Ada county and other offices within the state as it may deem necessary;
(4) To meet and exercise its powers at any place within the state;
(5) To appear in court and before other administrative bodies;
(6) To cooperate or contract with individuals and state, local and other agencies, both public and private, including agencies of the federal government and of other states;
(7) To accept public grants or private gifts, bequests, or other payments;
(8) To receive and act on complaints;
(9) To furnish technical assistance requested by persons subject to this act to further compliance with the act or an order issued thereunder;
(10) To make studies appropriate to effectuate the purposes and policies of this act and to make the results thereof available to the public;
(11) To render at least annually a comprehensive written report to the governor and to the legislature. The report may contain recommendations of the commission for legislative or other action to effectuate the purposes and policies of this act.
(12) In accordance with chapter 52, title 67, Idaho Code, to adopt, promulgate, amend and rescind rules to effectuate the purposes and policies of this act, including rules requiring the posting or inclusion in advertising material of notices prepared or approved by the commission.
[67-5906, added 1969, ch. 459, sec. 6, p. 1277; am. 1976, ch. 342, sec. 3, p. 1142; am. 1980, ch. 97, sec. 1, p. 214; am. 2001, ch. 183, sec. 36, p. 641.]