STATE GOVERNMENT AND STATE AFFAIRS
67-7103. snowmobiles — Application for number — Attachment of validation stickers — Certificate — Application for transfer of certificate — Transfer of certificate fee — Temporary number — Fees. (1) The operator of each snowmobile requiring numbering by the state of Idaho shall obtain a certificate of number for the snowmobile, which certificate of number shall be issued by season, for seasons running from November 1 through October 31. To obtain a certificate of number, the operator shall pay a fee of forty-five dollars and fifty cents ($45.50). Upon receipt of the fee, the department shall issue to the operator a certificate of number together with a validation sticker to be attached to the snowmobile in a manner as may be prescribed by rules of the department. The validation sticker shall be located on the snowmobile and shall be completely visible and shall be maintained in legible condition whenever the snowmobile is in operation. [,] [-]
(2) The department may issue any certificate of number directly or may authorize any persons to act as vendor for the issuance. In the event a person accepts the authorization, he may be assigned a block of validation stickers and certificates of number that, upon issue, in conformity with this chapter and with any rules of the department, shall be valid as if issued directly by the department.
(3) All records of the department made or kept pursuant to this section shall be public records.
(4) Each snowmobile must be numbered before it leaves the premises at the time of sale from any retail snowmobile dealer.
(5) No number, other than the validation stickers issued to the operator and affixed to the snowmobile pursuant to this chapter, shall be painted, attached, or otherwise displayed on the snowmobile, except a temporary number may be attached to identify a snowmobile for the purpose of racing or other sporting events.
(6) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, resident and nonresident owners of snowmobiles used for rental purposes shall purchase rental validation stickers for seventy-five dollars and fifty cents ($75.50) and the validation stickers shall be displayed on the machine at all times.
[(67-7103) 49-2605, added 1969, ch. 338, sec. 5, p. 1061; am. 1986, ch. 323, sec. 2, p. 790; am. and redesig. 1988, ch. 265, sec. 534, p. 844; am. 1989, ch. 106, sec. 2, p. 240; am. 1992, ch. 178, sec. 1, p. 562; am. 1998, ch. 343, sec. 1, p. 1094; am. 2003, ch. 258, sec. 1, p. 680; am. 2005, ch. 141, sec. 2, p. 435; am. 2007, ch. 117, sec. 2, p. 362; am. 2014, ch. 338, sec. 4, p. 842; am. 2021, ch. 149, sec. 3, p. 404; am. 2021, ch. 295, sec. 1, p. 895.]