WATERCOURSES AND PORT DISTRICTS
PORT DISTRICTS — COMMISSIONS IN GENERAL
70-1410. Interest in contracts prohibited — Exceptions. No port commissioner or employee shall be beneficially interested, directly or indirectly, in any contract which may be made by, through or under the supervision of such commission or employee, in whole or in part, or which may be made for the benefit of his office, or accept, directly or indirectly, any compensation, gratuity or award in connection with such contract from any person beneficially interested therein.
This section shall not apply in the following cases:
(1) The furnishing of electrical, water or other utility services by a municipality or private corporation engaged in the business of furnishing such services at the same rates and on the same terms as are available to the public generally;
(2) The designation of public depositories for municipal funds;
(3) The publication of legal notices required by law to be published by the port commission, upon competitive bidding or at rates not higher than are charged members of the general public;
(4) Any contract in such port district in which the total volume of business represented by such contract or contracts in which a particular commissioner or employee is interested, in the aggregate, as measured by the dollar amount of port’s liability thereunder, shall not exceed two hundred dollars ($200) in any calendar month;
(5) Ownership of any interest in, or any participation in any cooperative warehouse or facility within the port district, for the cooperative storage and/or marketing of farm or other goods or products, provided, that, such exclusion shall not extend to officers, elected officials or paid employees of any such cooperative warehouse or facility;
(6) Any such contract, where the same shall have been approved by order of the judge of the district court of the county in which is located the city for which the district is named, upon the petition of the port commission, or of any party interested in such contract. Notice of hearing on such petition shall be given for such time and in such manner as such court by order directs.
[70-1410, added 1969, ch. 55, sec. 46, p. 144.]