TRANSPARENT AND ETHICAL GOVERNMENT
PUBLIC RECORDS ACT
74-109. Records exempt from disclosure — Draft legislation, research, personal communications, personally identifying information, work papers, and draft redistricting plans. The following records are exempt from disclosure:
(1) Records consisting of draft legislation and documents related to draft legislation, including requests for research or analysis submitted to the legislative services office by a member of the Idaho legislature and any documents related to such request.
(2) Records consisting of personal communication by a member of the Idaho legislature or between members of the Idaho legislature that does not relate to the conduct or administration of the public’s business.
(3) Personally identifying information relating to a private citizen contained in a writing to or from a member of the Idaho legislature. As used in this subsection, "private citizen" does not include a lobbyist registered with the office of the secretary of state, a public official, or an individual who is communicating on behalf of an organization. As used in this subsection, "public official" has the same meaning as in section 74-101(12), Idaho Code, except that it does not include elected or appointed members of the Idaho legislature and legislative staff.
(4) Records consisting of or that are related to the work papers in the possession of the director of legislative performance evaluations prior to the release of the final performance evaluation.
(5) Records consisting of or that are related to the work papers in the possession of the division of legislative audits prior to release of the related final audit.
(6) Records consisting of draft congressional and legislative redistricting plans and documents specifically related to such draft redistricting plans or research requests submitted to the commission staff by a member of the commission for reapportionment for the purpose of placing such draft redistricting plan into form suitable for presentation to the full membership of the commission, unless the individual commission member having submitted or requested such plans or research agrees to waive the provisions of confidentiality provided by this subsection.
[74-109, added 2015, ch. 140, sec. 5, p. 360; am. 2020, ch. 338, sec. 4, p. 990.]